Sustainability: the solution to product differentiation in an increasingly complex market
All over the world there is a real sustainable building boom. The recent release of LEED v4.1, which simplifies and optimizes the language of credits, is a demonstration of how the environmental certification system for construction is constantly evolving to meet the needs of international projects and create impact solutions on a global scale .
To take advantage of this enormous opportunity, products must meet the requirements of international sustainable building protocols. The UL event, organized in collaboration with Coprai Lab and Patronage of GBC Italia, aims to offer an overview of:
1. Sustainable building protocols - international overview
2. Environmental solutions that help products maximize their contribution to sustainable building protocols:
- Indoor Air Quality and materials with low emission of volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Environmental Claim Validation - third-party validations of environmental claims (for example,% of recycled material present in a product)
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) environmental impact of the product along the life cycle
3. Tools for the specification of sustainable products - the SPOT portal.
Mario Dattilo – CEO – Coprai Lab
Eleonora Sablone – Rappresentante GBC Italia - Chapter Abruzzo-Molise
Elena Veneziani – Business Development Manager, UL
Giuseppe Benini – Product Service Specialist, UL