NEW: 13th November 2014
Safety standards for high-tech products over the next five years will be shifting from prescriptive rules to a new hazard-based concept that emphasizes safety design in the early product development phase. This interactive course helps current ITE and Audio Video manufacturers better prepare for their transition to IEC 62368-1 by identifying key issues with transition (if any) while becoming more familiar with the options available in the new standard. Participants will gain an overview of IEC 62368-1 with an emphasis on transitioning from the primary legacy standards IEC 60950-1and IEC 60065 and explore the national differences associated with the North American harmonized Standard, UL 62368-1 *CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 62368-1-12.
The course is comprised of two separate training modules: an eLearning component and an instructor-led session. The eLearning component covers the basics of the standard and is completed in advance, enabling participants to maximize their in-class time with our UL expert. The instructor-led session digs deeper into the detailed technical content and features progressive knowledge checks and engaging interactions to help learners reinforce and apply the new concepts.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants should be able to:
- Explain in general terms, the principles of Hazard Based Safety Engineering (HBSE) and IEC 62368-1
- Identify and classify those energy sources covered by the scope of the standard
- Determine appropriate safeguard schemes to protect defined persons against pain and injury from the classified energy sources
- Determine appropriate safeguard schemes to reduce the likelihood of injury or property damage due to an electrically-caused fire originating within the equipment
- Differentiate between all-new, more flexible and more stringent requirements of IEC 62368-1
- List key areas of focus in regards to the North American national differences
Learning objectives will be measured by knowledge checks and a final comprehensive assessment requiring participants to review the Hazard Based Safety Engineering (HSBE) process and all clauses of the standard.
- Event Location: UL International (Netherlands) B.V. Delta 1A, Building L'Aimant, Business Park Ijsseloord 2 NL-6825 ML Arnhem, The Netherlands
- Date: 13 November 2014
- Duration: 09:00-17:00 (including lunch and breaks)
- Cost: 570 EUR
Register more participants from the same company and pay EURO 460. - per additional attendee (instead of EURO 570.)
For more participants, or other enquiries, please contact [email protected]