With every autonomous vehicle (AV) simulation, scenario or road test, developers learn more about the technology that could revolutionize our roadways. But, without clear parameters for AV safety, what is the best way to evaluate AVs, what methods do we have available today, and what is coming tomorrow? Functional safety experts will discuss how we define the process of evaluation, how to measure safety, and what it will take to build the public’s trust in the technology.
- Mary Joyce, vice president and general manager, Automotive, UL
- Bill Taylor, managing director, kVA by UL
- Beat Richert, CEO EMEA, !iMPORTANT
- Chad Partridge, CEO, Metamoto
- Chan Lieu, Sr. Safety Program Analyst, Uber Advanced Technologies Group
- Moderator: Ken Boyce, principal design engineer, UL