The EU requires that anyone involved in activities related to the transport of dangerous goods to be appropriately trained according to the requirements in the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR). This includes personnel responsible for the classification, packing, marking/labeling, documentation and loading and unloading of dangerous goods (DG).
The ADR Transport of Dangerous Goods Awareness training course will provide you with the essential knowledge necessary to satisfy the legal requirement for basic dangerous goods transport training.
Benefits of attending
You will receive a comprehensive overview of the background and legal requirements for transporting dangerous goods by road and will be armed with essential knowledge in key areas such as hazard classification, packaging, marking and labeling and documentation.
Attending this course also satisfies your legal requirement for receiving general awareness training in accordance with ADR.
Who should attend?
You should attend the ADR Transport of Dangerous Goods training introduction course if you have responsibility for any or all of the following:
- Authoring safety data sheets (SDSs) and the completion of Section 14
- Classification of dangerous goods
- Packing, labeling and marking dangerous goods
- Preparing goods for dispatch (e.g., palletization, overpacking)
- Providing dangerous goods documentation
- Understanding ADR regulations