IndustriesTextiles, Apparel and Footwear
Vietnam has issued QCVN 01: 2017 / BCT National technical regulation on the contents of formaldehyde and certain aromatic amines derived from azo colorants in textile products.
The regulation specifies limits on the following amount of formaldehyde and azo colorants in textiles:
- Limits of formaldehyde are:
- 30mg/kg in textile products for children under three
- 75mg/kg in textile products in direct contact with the skin
- 300mg/kg in textile products with no direct skin contact
- Limit of 22 aromatic amines converted from azo colorants: 30mg/kg
The new regulation will take effect on May 1, 2018.