IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
The Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW) of Taiwan has issued Regulations Governing the Application of Animals Testing for the Safety Assessment of Cosmetics or Cosmetic Ingredients.
This regulation mandates that any cosmetic manufacturer that wishes to use animal testing during product/ingredient safety assessment should apply for an approval from the Food and Drug Administration.
The manufacturer/importer/seller of cosmetics should submit the following documents to TFDA:
- Hard copy of enterprise/business registered certificate
- Hard copy of evidence to prove the legal identity of entrusted company, trade number, professional academy, legal entity, organization or institute
- Hard copy of agreement document issued by tested animal caring committee or group and the animal testing conductor should comply with Article 16 of “Animal Protection Law” simultaneously
- Evidence and other relevant documents to prove the necessity of conducting animal testing
- Evidence and other relevant documents to prove no other alternative testing methods can be applied
- Animal testing plan which complies with Article 4 of tested animal caring committee/group management measure and is reviewed and approved by tested animal caring committee /group
Date of Enactment: September 14, 2017