IndustriesFood and Beverage
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has released Food Safety and Standards (Food Recall Procedure) Regulations, 2017 on January 18, 2017.
This regulation aims to ensure the removal of food under recall from all stages of the food chain. This regulation lists the following food recall procedure:
- Initiation of the food recall process.
- Operation of Food Recall System.
- Food Recall plan.
- Recall communication.
- Recall status report.
- Food recovery.
- Post-recall report.
- Termination of a recall.
- Follow-up action.
- Responsibility of the food business operator.
- Responsibility of the Commissioner of Food Safety of the State or Union territory.
- Responsibility of the Food Authority.
The regulation is enforced the same of its publication on the Official Gazette of India.