The standard EN 1272 specifies safety requirements and test methods for table mounted chairs, intended for children who are able to sit unaided up to a maximum weight of 15 kg.
The standard EN 1272:2017 has been published in May and we report following the main updates of the new standard:
- Updating of definitions
- Updating of heavy metals requirements and introduction of formaldehyde and colorants and primary aromatic amines requirements
- Addition of requirements for flame propagation
- Introduction of requirements and test methods to prevent feet-first head entrapment
- Updating of restraint system requirements
- Modification of bouncing performance requirements and test method.
- Revision of the paragraphs of the marking, instruction and purchase information
- Official translation of the consumer information in the various languages of the European Union.
- Specific requirements for the flammability have been implemented in an annex to follow the United Kingdom regulation.