The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has launched ECHA/NI/17/28 Proposal on Identifying Nine New Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs).
This entails the identification of nine new substances which may have irreversible effects on human health and environment.
This consultation includes the substances below
- 4,4′-isopropylidenediphenol (Bisphenol-A) (EC 201–245-8)
- Chrysene (EC 205–923-4)
- Benz[a]anthracene (EC 200–280-6)
- Cadmium nitrate (EC 233–710-6)
- Cadmium hydroxide (EC 244–168-5)
- Cadmium carbonate (EC 208–168-9)
- Tricobalt tetraoxide containing ≥ 0.1% w/w nickel oxides (EC 215–157-2)
- Dechlorane plus (including any of its individual anti- and syn-isomers or any combination thereof) (CAS 13560–89-9; 135821–74-8; 135821–03-3)
- Reaction products of 1,3,4-thiadiazolidine-2,5-dithione, formaldehyde and 4-heptylphenol, branched and linear (RP-HP) [with ≥0.1% w/w 4-heptylphenol, branched and linear] (EC — )
Consultation is open for this until October 20, 2017.