IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
The European Commission (EC) has enacted Commission Regulation (EU) 2017⁄1410 amending Annexes II and III to Regulation (EC) No 1223⁄2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products.
This regulation amends Annexes II and III of Regulation (EC) No 1223⁄2009 to add three substances to the restricted substances for cosmetic products. This regulation amends Annex II to add the following to the restricted substances list:
- 3- and 4-(4-Hydroxy-4-methylpentyl) cyclohex-3-ene-1-carbaldehyde (HICC)
- 2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (atranol)
- 3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (chloroatranol)
Important dates are:
- Enactment Date: August 2, 2017
- Enforcement Date: August 23, 2017
- From 8/23/2019 cosmetic products containing one or more of the substances prohibited by this Regulation shall not be placed on the Union market.
- From 8/23/2021 cosmetic products containing one or more of the substances prohibited by this Regulation shall be not be made available on the Union market.
- Point (2) of the Annex shall apply from 8/23/2021