IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
The China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) enforced the Complete Technical Safety Standard for Cosmetics 2015 starting December 1, 2016.
The safety standard specifies the following:
- Chapter one – introduction, including scope, terminologies, definitions and general requirements of cosmetic safety technology;
- Chapter two – the requirements for restricted and/or limited ingredients of cosmetics, including the requirements of 1,388 ingredients forbidden for use and 47 ingredients limited for use;
- Chapter three – the requirements of cosmetic ingredients approved for use, including the requirements of 51 approved preservatives, 27 approved sunscreens, 157 approved colorants and 75 approved hair dyes;
- Chapter four – 77 methods for physical and chemical inspection;
- Chapter five – five microbiology inspection methods;
- Chapter six – 16 toxicological test methods;
- Chapter seven – three body safety test methods; and
- Chapter eight – three ergonomic assessment inspection methods.
This safety standard was enacted in December 1, 2015.