The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) has published EN 71–8:2017 Safety of Toys — Part 8: Activity Toys for Domestic Use.
This standard specifies requirements and test methods for activity toys for domestic use often attached to or incorporating a crossbeam, and similar toys intended for children under 14 years to play on or in and often intended to bear the mass of one or more children.
This standard specifies requirements for:
- separately sold accessories for, and components of activity toys
- separately sold swing elements that are ready for use on or in combination with an activity toy
- construction packages for activity toys including components used to build activity toys according to a scheduled building instruction
Important dates are:
- Date of Availability: January 10, 2018
- Date of Announcement: April 30, 2018
- Date of Publication: July 31, 2018