IndustriesFood and Beverage
Canada Gazette has released Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Food Irradiation) on February 22, 2017.
The regulation provides the following amendments:
- Subsections B.01.035(1), (2), (4), (6) and (9) of the Food and Drug Regulations (see footnote 1) are amended by replacing “Column I” with “column 1”
- The heading “Définitions” before section B.26.001 of the French version of the Regulations is replaced by Interprétation
- Section B.26.001 of the Regulations is replaced by the following:
B.26.001 In this Division, irradiation means treatment with ionizing radiation.
- Subsection B.26.003(2) of the Regulations is replaced
- Section B.26.004 of the Regulations is replaced
- Paragraph B.26.005(a) of the Regulations is replaced
- The table to Division 26 of the Regulations is replaced
The regulation applies to the following:
- Potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L.)
- Onions (Allium cepa)
- Wheat, flour, whole wheat flour (Triticum spp.)
- Whole or ground spices and dehydrated seasoning preparations
- Fresh raw ground beef
- Frozen raw ground beef
The amended regulation was enforced on the date of its enforcement on February 13, 2017.