North America continues to be a vital market for manufacturers and retailers. More than just a testing laboratory, we partner with clients throughout all phases of the supply chain and provide customized quality assurance solutions. Quality inspections provide a vital check on product quality from top of production through loading, and help eliminate uncertainties associated with global sourcing. Our global network of laboratories helps ensure regulatory compliance and optimize product performance.
We help clients build safe, reliable supply chains and deliver confidence in the global consumer marketplace.
Manufacturers of consumer goods including cosmetics, food, furniture, textiles and footwear, must comply with federal – and in some cases, state – regulatory requirements addressing safety, materials, sourcing, sustainability, and packaging.
Applicable regulations include:
- The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) Third-Party Testing Requirements
- California Proposition 65
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Codes
- Safe Food for Canadians Act (SFCA) Requirements
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) Regulations
Keys To Success
Remaining competitive in this market requires verifying and effectively communicating the validity of marketing claims to increasingly discerning consumers. Being able to demonstrate quality, corporate responsibility and sustainability are vital issues.
UL offers a comprehensive portfolio of services and certifications to address all the needs of the retail and consumer industry in the North American market. Our offerings include:
- Product Lifecycle Services
- Consumer Product Specification Development
- Technically Advanced Quality Assurance
- New Item Evaluation
- Food Contact Material Testing
- Sensory Food Testing
- Forensic Food Testing
- Store Brand Quality Assurance
and a full scope of testing capabilities to help ensure that brands, manufacturers, suppliers and retailers meet the expectations of the North American regulatory bodies and consumers.