The UL Online Certifications Directory allows you to locate perimeter fire-containment systems for your construction project that comply with building code requirements. Select from over 200 perimeter fire-containment systems by searching by either system number or by project parameters using the online search features.
To locate systems using the system number, follow these steps:
To locate systems meeting your specific project parameters, follow these steps:
1. Click on the link to the UL Online Certifications Directory (www.UL.com/database).
2. In the SPECIFIC SEARCHES box, select Fire-resistance-rated Systems and Products.
3. In the center column labeled FIRE-RESISTANCE-RATED SYSTEMS AND PRODUCTS, select Perimeter Fire-containment Systems.
4. Click on the link Numbering System for Perimeter Fire-containment Systems on the left side. This numbering system will help determine which series of systems meet your needs.
As an example, if you are looking to protect an 8 in. wide dynamic opening where a rated floor abuts a curtain wall, the appropriate sequence would be the CW-D-2000 series.
5. Go back to the previous screen and enter CW-D-2* into the system search box. Click on Search. The resulting list shows the available systems.
6. Sequentially review each resulting system or Refine Your Search with additional information which describes what you are looking for.
7. You may use the Refine Your Search tool multiple times to drill down to the information you are looking for. Some possible search refinements that may help include:
Required hourly assembly rating (1 hour, 2 hours, etc.)
The manufacturer of any proprietary products being used
Any unique keywords describing components
8. After refining your search the final time, reviewing each system and select the most appropriate one.
As can be seen, identifying perimeter fire-containment systems by system number or by project parameters is easy using the UL Online Certifications Directory. For more information on the use of these systems, see Guide Information for Perimeter Fire-containment Systems (XHDG).