Certificate of Compliance
UL issues Certificates of Compliance to all UL Listed alarm companies. The Certificate of Compliance is often used by an alarm company as a declaration that the alarm services it provides meets Alarm Industry standards and requirements.
Benefits of a Certificate of Compliance:
- Indicates a partnership between the alarm service company and UL.
- Identifies the categories in which an alarm service company maintains a UL Listing.
- Displays the unique file numbers associated with each UL Listing maintained by the alarm service company.
- Code authorities use Certificates of Compliance to identify qualified alarm service companies.
Sample Certificate of Compliance
Elements of a protected property certificate include:
- Type of alarm service provided to the protected property.
- Name and address of the protected property.
- Name and address of the alarm service company responsible for issuing the certificate.
- Description of the extent of protection coverage, equipment installed and other details.
- The Certificate period of issuance (issuance date and expiration date).
- Each Certificate possesses a unique serial number.
Sample Fire Alarm Certificate
Sample Mercantile Burglar Certificate
Sample National Industrial Certificate