Securing trust with the pace of payment technology
Innovation in payment technology continues to accelerate, bringing tremendous opportunity for companies, as well as accessibility and convenience for consumers. The fast pace of change, however, has also opened new security threats and vulnerabilities, as evidenced by the 542 million sensitive records that have been compromised since 2005.
As payment networks become more sophisticated and the pool of participating technologies, software and mobile devices continues to grow, UL has emerged as the single trusted partner for payment security. Beyond equipping payment technology vendors with leading security compliance and business differentiation for today, UL helps companies prepare for the payment security demands of tomorrow with industry-wide research, thought leadership and advisory services.
By joining forces with RFI Global and Witham Laboratories, UL is the first global full-service provider of evaluation and advisory services for all parties in the payment and security industry.
UL acquired RFI Global Services Limited and Witham Laboratories in June 2010 and January 2012 respectively. Both companies are leading providers of testing, approval, auditing and consultancy services to the global technology market, including data security, cellular, payments, wireless and smart card technologies.
UL has a unique blend of skills, spanning mobile telecommunications and payments – underpinned by accredited laboratory services to deliver conformance services to all stakeholders from the mobile payments industry, including:
• Customized training and support services, to help simplify the complexity of the industry compliance needs for every kind of product design.
• Dedicated project management, to deliver a truly comprehensive “one-stop” service to
guarantee quality, efficiency and confidence.
• Long standing experience in testing complex mobile payment devices.
• Highly-skilled evaluators, auditors and consultants who specialize in secure payments applications, contactless technologies and security assessments to provide excellent technological advice.
Specific services include:
• Functional testing services for payment tokens and acceptance terminals (EMVCo, GlobalPlatform, NFC, ISO, Visa,…)
- Interface testing (Level 1 contact and contactless)
- Application testing (Level 2 contact and contactless)
- Interoperability and integration testing
• Security evaluation services for payment devices and acceptance terminals (EMVCo, PCI, Common Criteria, FIPS, APCA, Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Discover)
- Applications and platforms evaluations for payment tokens (Smart Card, Secure Elements, Mobile Devices)
- Logical and physical evaluations for acceptance terminals
- Open Protocol and Secure Data evaluations
• Security auditing and consulting services for merchants, financial institutions and application providers (PCI, SPVA, Visa)
- Data security standards auditing
- Payment application data security standard auditing
- Key injection facility auditing
- Bespoke consulting, training and evaluation services
For more information on UL’s payment and security services, contact us at WiSE.EU@ul.com.
Visit UL at the coming tradeshows
CARTES IN ASIA 2012 (HONG KONG), MARCH 28-29 - BOOTH #3A 019
AusCERT 2012 (GOLD COAST), May 13-18, BOOTH #20B