With a dedicated research and development department, UL remains a leader in providing analyses for contaminants of emerging concern in drinking water -- before they are regulated. Current capabilities include:
- Broad spectrum ICPMS analysis for metals
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs)
- Flame retardants
- Pesticide degradation products
- Pharmaceutically active compounds (PhACs) and personal care products (PCPs)
- Trivalent arsenic
- Trace-level perchlorate analysis
- Unregulated pesticides
By combining state-of-the-art analytical techniques, such as LC/MS/MS and sophisticated extraction techniques, we have developed highly sensitive and specific methods for analyzing these and other contaminants.
Water professionals, including staff at public water supplies, engineering firms and government agencies, routinely call upon us for the technical expertise and experience to develop new methods for a wide variety of chemical and microbial contaminants.
Publications and presentations
Click here to view a listing of publications and presentations of interest.