Become a UL Listed panel shop
UL's Industrial Control Panel (ICP) custom builder program allows manufacturers who custom-build or mass-produce ICPs to apply the UL and C-UL Listing Marks at their factories. Our program makes it convenient to receive a UL Listing while allowing maximum flexibility in panel design. UL's safety Marks are the most credible and sought after certification marks in North America. When regulators, specifiers and end-product certifiers see the familiar UL Mark, they are confident that the panel has met the certification requirements.
The UL advantage
- Increase your competitive advantage -- Offer your customers UL Listed general purpose, metalworking machine tool, plastic injection, service entrance equipment, elevator control, and/or flame control panels and bid on jobs that specify UL Listed ICPs.
- Cover all requirements -- Using UL Listed or Recognized components in an ICP does not guarantee or imply that the entire assembly meets all applicable safety requirements.UL's ICP builders program covers proper component usage, enclosure environmental ratings, conformance to the National Electric Code (NEC), Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), wiring and motor protection, and safety markings.
- Greater efficiency -- Eliminate red-tagged panels at the job site, along with the resulting delays and extra cost.
- Widespread acceptance -- Benefit from the widespread acceptance of the UL Mark by regulatory authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada. UL is represented on each of the NEC's 20 code-making panels and shares its expertise with code-developers working on the CEC. With your success at stake, leave nothing to chance.
- Increased component sourcing -- In November 2003, UL and CSA International announced a formal component acceptance agreement that permits acceptance of specific components for use in end-products, including industrial control panels. This agreement gives UL customers even more flexibility when sourcing components because CSA Certified Components covered by the agreement can now be used in UL Listed panels in addition to UL Listed and UL Recognized Components already permitted under the scope of the ICP program.
- Team with UL's experts -- Build compliance into your panels.
- Consolidate your safety certification needs -- Start saving time and money with UL.
- Build panels for use in hazardous locations -- Visit www.ul.com/hazloc for specific details.
UL shares its years of expertise through technical training and workshops focused on the needs of ICP builders. Workshops cover requirements for applications such as: general use, metalworking, plastic forming, elevator control, punch press, crane and flame control. Attend a UL custom panel builder workshop and hear from the experts who can help you "build safety in" while meeting the requirements set for you by regulators and your customers.
For more information and to register for our Industrial Control Equipment workshops, visit us online at http://www.uluniversity.com/industrialcontrol.