Water Product Validation Services
Because it is a necessity for health, drinking water is often highly regulated and monitored in most developed countries. These regulations generally extend to products and chemicals that process, and/or treat water for drinking and convey and/or transport it to consumers. There are situations, such as consumer demand, customer demand or product differentiation when a manufacturer may want to go above and beyond the minimum requirement set forth by regulators in different regions.
To support that need, UL now offers manufacturers of water products a service to validate their marketing claims. Based on an unbiased analysis of a specific marketing claim, UL will validate specific marketing claims and issue a certificate of Validation for manufacturers to share with their customers.
Why do I need to validate marketing claims?
- Manufacturers may choose validation services to demonstrate to potential customers that their claims have been assessed independently
- In places where the quality of water is perceived as sub-standard, validation of marketing claims can provide added assurance to consumers
- Manufacturers can make marketing claims regarding new contaminants before regulations are enacted
Advantages to using UL:
- UL is a safety science company that has been evaluating products for more than 118 years. When you associate your product and validated marketing claims with UL, you can take advantage of UL's reputation for integrity among consumers.
- While this is not a certification service, because these manufacturers' claim validations are backed by UL, one of the world's most trusted names in product safety and certification, customers can feel empowered, making more informed purchasing decisions.
- UL has state-of-the-art facilities in India and the United States for evaluating marketing claims.
- UL has been testing water for more than 27 years and UL technical experts have a combined total of more than 500 years' experience.