Some Commonly Asked Questions about the UL-EU Mark for High-Tech Products
What products are eligible for the UL-EU Mark?
- Products are eligible for the Mark on successful testing at a UL Authorized Test Lab for compliance with the European EN Standards for high-tech electrical and electronic products. Applicable products include computers and peripherals, components and devices, consumer electronics, telecommunications equipment, power supplies and batteries - in fact all products covered by European standards EN 60950-1, EN 60065 and EN 62133.
What is the certification process?
The certification process is simple and follows standard UL procedures:
- Testing takes place at authorised UL Test Labs (with some exceptions).
- Components must be certified compliant with applicable EN standards (with supporting documentation).
- Annual follow-up factory inspection by UL is required
How long is the UL-EU Mark valid for?
- Certification is valid for 10 years so long as the product remains unchanged.
Does the UL-EU Mark replace the CE Marking?
- The UL-EU Mark does not replace the mandatory CE (Conformité Européenne) Marking; however, data from the UL-EU test program can be used to support CE Marking declarations.
For further information on the UL-EU Mark, contact UL today!