UL Anytime via telephone or instant messaging
UL experts are now available to customers with high tech products 24 hours a day* to answer technical questions.
By calling us at:
Asia tel. +852-2276-9150
Europe tel. +49-694898-10500
North America tel. +1-847-664-1900
*For the pilot phase, calls are conducted in English, on Monday-Friday and available for high-tech customers.
NEW UL Anytime Chat function now launched! We have expanded our UL Anytime support service with Anytime Chat – now it is even easier to contact a UL representative 24 hours a day by phone or online. Use the chat button below to be connected immediately with a UL representative.
Our entry-level information service is available to you 24 hours a day, and now with one click!
UL 101 and Components 101 – receive a high level overview on how your project will proceed through UL and gain a preliminary understanding on the component requirements to obtain full certification for your product.
Safety Certification for the United States and Canada – ensure you know the steps required for North America safety certification and successfully complete the certification process the first time!
CB Scheme Requirements – learn about CB requirements and other compliance requirements around the world.
Data Acceptance Program – hear about documentation and audit requirements for UL’s Data Acceptance Program (DAP) and the Manufacturer Test Laboratories (MTL) Program under the CB Scheme.
For details, simply call our numbers, open a chat or email us at ULAnytime@ul.com.
1. We have chosen an alternate plastic material for our product enclosure. Can I contact the “UL Anytime” to check parameters of the material?
A: Yes. We can help finding and verifying technical information available in the database for UL Certified Products.
2. Follow-up inspection in our factory has been just completed and Variation Notice has been issued. Can we quickly solve it through the “UL Anytime”?
A: Currently, we cannot resolve Variation Notices through the “UL Anytime”. However, we can assist in explaining relevant requirements for quick resolution.
3. Our factory manager in China would like to use the “UL Anytime” but cannot speak English. Is it possible to contact UL in local language?
A: The “UL Anytime” is established to support our customers globally. And the language for the pilot phase is English only, for now.
4. I need quick advice for minor issue related to my product being developed for Hazardous Location. Can I contact the “UL Anytime” for help?
A: Currently, in our pilot phase, the “UL Anytime” is primarily for customers from the high tech industry only. We might extend it in the future.
5. I am not sure how to understand/interpret a requirement from UL 60950-1. Can the “UL Anytime” help?
A: Our staff can assist in contacting one of UL’s engineers who can provide technical expertise in UL 60950-1.
6. We need immediately to replace a transformer in our power supply. Can we get faster approval through the “UL Anytime”?
A: The “UL Anytime” is for technical advice and does not replace the current certification process. You may contact UL Sales representative or open a project through the MyHome account for your urgent project request.
7. Which kinds of the high tech customers are covered in the pilot phase?
A: In the pilot phase, manufacturers from the following segments will be covered, they are:
- Batteries and Power Supply
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Electronics
- Printed Wiring Boards
- Telecommunications Equipment
8: Is there any charges involved for the “UL Anytime” service?
A: There will be no charge from UL. However, you may need to bear any applicable charges from your telephone or data network carrier.