UL Anytime Technical Support
We are ready to assist you at any time!
UL Anytime provides access to UL’s certification experts, available across the globe 24 hours a day (excluding holidays and weekends) to answer to your technical questions.
Why UL Anytime?
- Timeliness: Gain an immediate access to UL’s technical team members with just one call away.
- Borderless: The call system operates globally in order to facilitate your worldwide business needs.
- Customer Friendly: UL Anytime is flexible and direct, without any charges from UL.
Get direct connection with UL’s technical team now by calling the following numbers based on your region:
Asia tel. +852-2276-9150
Europe tel. +49-694898-10500
North America tel. +1-847-664-1900
*For the pilot phase, calls are conducted in English, on Monday-Friday and available for high-tech customers.
Areas covered are:
- UL 101, fundamentals, policies, requirements and terminology related to UL services
- Components 101: fundamentals about component requirements, policies and terminology related to components
- UL certification process for the United States and Canada
- Variation Notice (VN’s): fundamentals about the process and follow-up inspection requirements, Variation Notice status (limited)
- Project Status (limited): sample status (receipt, location, disposal), test status (started, in progress, inactive/stopped, completed)
- CB Scheme: General requirements and other conformity marks provided as part of Global Market Access offer - excluding detailed questions about other marks requirements
- Navigating through ul.com web site and UL databases
- Data Acceptance Program (DAP): General information and supporting documentation for and Manufacturer Test Laboratories (MTL)
1. We have chosen an alternate plastic material for our product enclosure. Can I contact the “UL Anytime” to check parameters of the material?
A: Yes. We can help finding and verifying technical information available in the database for UL Certified Products.
2. FUS inspection in our factory has been just completed and Variation Notice has been issued. Can we quickly solve it through the “UL Anytime”?
A: Currently, we cannot resolve Variation Notices through the “UL Anytime”. However, we can assist in explaining relevant requirements for quick resolution.
3. Our factory manager in China would like to use the “UL Anytime” but cannot speak English. Is it possible to contact UL in local language?
A: The “UL Anytime” is established to support our customers globally. And the language for the pilot phase is English only, for now.
4. I need quick advice for minor issue related to my product being developed for Hazardous Location. Can I contact the “UL Anytime” for help?
A: Currently, in our pilot phase, the “UL Anytime” is primarily for customers from the high-tech industry only. We might extend it i the future.
5. I am not sure how to understand/interpret a requirement from UL 60950-1. Can the “UL Anytime” help?
A: Our staff can assist in contacting one of UL’s engineers who can provide technical expertise in UL 60950-1.
6. We need immediately to replace a transformer in our power supply. Can we get faster approval through the “UL Anytime”?
A: The “UL Anytime” is for technical advice and does not replace the current certification process. You may contact UL Sales representative or open a project through the MyHome account for your urgent project request.
7. Which kinds of the high-tech customers are covered in the pilot phase?
A: In the pilot phase, manufacturers from the following segments will be covered, they are:
- Batteries and Power Supply
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Electronics
- Printed Wiring Boards
- Telecommunications Equipment
8: Is there any charges involved for the “UL Anytime” service?
A: There will be no charge from UL. However, you may need to bear any applicable charges from your telephone network carrier.