Energy and the Smart Grid Home, Presented by UL
at 2012 International CES(R)
Las Vegas, United States (Jan 10-13, 2012)
Conference participants will have a chance to win an iPad!
“Smart Grid” and “energy efficiency” are attractive concepts to a variety of stakeholders. But what do these terms mean to your business and to you as an individual? How can you maximize any benefits? How can you participate safely in the Grid? And, are there any red flags? Join UL and other thought leaders as they explore energy savings and generation and the hot topic of LED transformation.
The LED Transformation: Lighting and Beyond
1-2 p.m. Thursday, January 12 LVCC, North Hall, N262
The most widely adopted and well-known energy-efficient product is the LED bulb. But LED technology isn’t limited to a single product. UL’s experts discuss how LED technology impacts product development, the supply chain and product choice for consumers. Learn how your company can succeed in the LED space.
Moderator: Mr. Todd A. Straka, business development director, Global Lighting, UL
• Mr. Terry McGowan, director of engineering, American Lighting Association
• Mr. Andrew Lindstrom, director of business development, Philips Lighting North America
• Dr. S Pekka Hakkarainen, vice president, Lutron Electronics Co. Inc.
Energy Generation: How to Play in the Space
2:30-3:30 p.m. Thursday, January 12 LVCC, North Hall, N262
Creating energy through PV panels, windmills and other alternative sources is something more people are talking about, but significant confusion still exists. UL’s experts help demystify the process and discuss what providers need to think about to stay ahead of trends and benefit from opportunities.
Moderator: Mr. Jeff Smidt, vice president and general manager of energy and industrial systems, UL
• Mr. Thomas Kimbis, vice president of Strategy and External Affairs, Solar Energy Industries Association
• Mr. Brewster McCracken, executive director, Pecan Street Inc.
• Mr. Kevin White, senior market development Manager, solar & smart energy systems division, SANYO Energy (USA) Corporation
• Mr. Doug Payne, executive director, SolarTech, an Initiative of Silicon Valley Leadership Group
Energy Savings: Shaping the Future
4-5 p.m. Thursday, January 12 LVCC, North Hall, N262
“Energy Efficiency” continues to generate big buzz. UL and its partners share how manufacturers and retailers can support and benefit from the ongoing transition to a more efficient world. Learn about product design, the safety implications of energy efficiency and how you can be a leader in the transition.
Moderator: Mr. Michael Shows, global energy efficiency program owner, UL Verification Services
• Mr. Mike Moss, director of corporate and environmental Affairs at Samsung Electronics, Inc.
• Ms. Katharine Kaplan, ENERGY STAR® product development, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
• Mr. John Taylor, vice president of Public Affairs and Communications, LG Electronics USA, Inc.
• Mr. Ken Salaets, director of global policy and executive director, Information Technology Industry Council