Advantage brings you all of the proven benefits of UL certification - technical expertise, uncompromising quality and a brand consumers trust implicitly - teamed with a new, more agile process that provides the flexibility you want, while still enabling you to leverage UL's expertise and reputation to differentiate your products.
How It Works
UL Advantage allows qualified manufacturers to dovetail certification requirements directly into their established business processes. Now manufacturers can control the timing of their certification while leveraging UL's expertise and engineering experience. UL Advantage can even help build better products. As part of the acceptance into the program, a manufacturer's staff may be required to participate in an eLearning program to ensure the company's products are designed to meet UL's exacting safety standards. This training, combined with oversight from UL, enables manufacturers to add the UL Mark in-house to all products - existing and those yet to be imagined - as long as they are built in accordance with program requirements. This means there is no need to alter production schedules or risk delaying time-to-market to achieve certification. Businesses can move quickly to get safety-certified products to the market at the right time. Significantly, with Advantage UL conducts biannual process-based in-field audits of each manufacturer's testing process and reviews documentation for each product, providing added assurance.
- Straightforward - From initial qualification to factory follow-ups to continued use of the program.
- Online training - To enable reliable, high-quality safety certification.
- Zero Turnaround Time: Once qualified, products are certified as they come off the production line.
- Valued UL relationship.
- The uncompromising quality that made UL a household name for over a century.
- Increase in consumer confidence.