Large batteries for electric vehicles
Mitigate hazards for large format batteries with UL's Conformity Assessment Program.
With globalization, a variety of energy distribution systems, different voltages and safety concepts exist around the world. Self certification is prevalent with manufacturers having to determine a set of requirements that best meets their needs. Battery technologies, currently under development are likely to introduce the need for the consumers and EV stakeholders to be informed about personal protection, handling electrical grid voltage under hood and the need for fire suppression. Recharging of these batteries at home overnight, quick charging stations at business/parking lots and battery swapping create new uncertainties that the industry will be sorting out in the near future. To address the key industry challenges, UL is introducing new requirements for large batteries:
The benefits of partnering with UL
- Save costs on end-product certification process
- Majority of work is done through compliance verification of individual components
- Validates the integrity of entire supply chain
- Facilitates seamless introduction of products into marketplace based on component testing and surveillance at the point of manufacturing
- Access to Online database of certified components indexed and searchable at no extra charge
- Flexible global market access through global network of technical experts and test facilities
- UL's global mission is safety and our goal is to help you get safer products to market
Please note: There is only ONE UL Mark and ONLY UL is authorized to issue the UL Mark!
For more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 877.854.3577.