Security and Brand Protection
With locations in over 30 countries across five continents, and services provided in more than 140 countries, UL's Responsible Sourcing team has nearly immediate, in-person access to our customers' worldwide supply chains.
Our global business expertise helps our customers maintain brand value, the reliability of their entire supply chain and their positive business relationships with their partners. If problems do arise, UL can provide tangible chain-of-custody evidence for product components to enable an efficient recall process if necessary, and the independent investigation data that may be needed to protect the brand.
UL also supplies monitoring and consultation services to a wide range of companies that need to comply with supply chain security requirements in accordance with the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT).
Additional services that UL provides include the following:
- Brand protection assessments evaluate risk at the factory level to help ensure brand materials are secured and inventoried, and protection procedures are in place to control overruns, defects, branded components and sell-off goods.
- Brand protection starter kits deliver a basic set of tools that form the cornerstone of a brand protection compliance program and can be used to help communicate policies and best practices to suppliers.
- Traceability assessments investigate the source of raw materials used in a product.
- Destruction verification visits allow third-party auditors to observe and collect evidence that goods or branded components are destroyed and not distributed to outside parties.
- Mystery shoppers investigate possible grey-market diversions.