Store Brands/Private Label
Our full-cycle risk management program helps bring new products from concept to shelf while building consumer confidence in the quality and safety of store brand and private label products.
UL’s state-of-the-art laboratories have full analytical, microbiological, physical, shelf life and performance testing capabilities and use recognized test methods to help verify that store brand and private label products comply with recognized standards and meet consumer expectations.
Quality and Safety Assurance
UL services to the store brand and private label industries include the following:
- Potential New Item (PNI) program helps identify areas for product improvement in order to reduce exposure to product failure and recalls.
- Rapid turn laboratory services offer quick turnaround times on high sample volume at competitive pricing.
- Sensory evaluation by trained and consumer panels helps to optimize products pre-launch.
- Supplier selection assesses prospective suppliers, develops quality protocols and monitors suppliers throughout the supply chain.
- Risk Assessments help identify business interruptions that impact brand viability through compliance review, regulatory and political assessment, factory outsourcing and transportation analysis, contingency plan review and security evaluation.
Our ability to integrate sensory evaluations with analytical and physical testing makes us the preferred sensory services provider to the consumer products industry. Whether a customer is seeking to enhance product performance or launch a new product, our sensory evaluations and consumer studies provide vital comparisons of consumer-perceived attributes.
UL’s Technically Advanced Quality Assurance (TAQA®) product evaluation program is based on recognized global standards, including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), and offers the ultimate quality assurance for brand protection around the world.