In UL's state-of-the-art laboratories, detergents, scrubs, disinfectants, polishes, waxes, all-purpose cleaners and wipes, and other household chemicals are subjected to the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International and the Consumer Specialty Products Association (CSPA) action standards.
Quality and Safety Assurance
UL's services to the household chemicals industry include the following:
- Analytical microbiological and physical testing
- Ambient and accelerated shelf-life studies
- Regional pH and water hardness levels testing
- Competitive product evaluations
- Sensory evaluation and consumer studies
- Claims testing
- Product/package compatibility testing
- Label reviews
- Regulatory consultation
Our laboratories replicate real-world usages with tergotometers, which evaluate the efficiency and aftereffects of soaps, detergents, dyes, surfactants and other cleaners for textiles, along with full-scale washers, dryers and dishwashers.