General Consumer Merchandise
UL's state-of-the-art laboratories, technical expertise and rigorous testing programs for consumer products help customers meet today’s rigorous industry, regulatory and consumer demands.
Quality and Safety Assurance
UL's services to the consumer products industry include the following:
- Testing to international, national and regional standards
- Toxicological testing
- Product evaluations for safety, performance, design and construction
- Consumer panels and focus groups
- Packaging and label reviews
- Supply chain risk assessment and consulting
- Factory capacity and capabilities audits
- Responsible sourcing assessments
UL is registered with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as an accredited laboratory for the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) third-party testing, and our worldwide laboratories perform testing to international, federal and state regulatory standards, including California Proposition 65 (Legislation AB 2901 Chapter 575).
We hold Notified Body status under the EU Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC and the EU Low Voltage Directive.