Food and Beverage
UL's testing, audit and inspection services for food and beverage manufacturers and retailers help provide the highest possible level of confidence in the quality of our customers' products.
Quality and Safety Assurance
Our state-of-the-art laboratories have full analytical, microbiological, physical, shelf-life and performance testing capabilities, and use recognized test methods to help verify that food, beverages and packaging are safe, feasible to manufacture, stable and compliant with applicable regulations.
UL's services to the food and beverage Industry include the following:
- Batch microbiological testing provides ongoing testing to detect aerobic plate counts, yeast and mold, and pathogens that may be present in food products.
- Rapid-turn laboratory services offer quick turnaround times on high sample volume at competitive pricing.
- Global sourcing quality management helps UL customers who source ingredients offshore to consistently meet their quality and consistency specifications.
- Risk assessments help identify business interruptions that impact brand viability through compliance review, regulatory and political assessment, factory outsourcing and transportation analysis, contingency plan review and security evaluation.
- Supplier selection assesses prospective suppliers, develops quality protocols and monitors suppliers throughout the supply chain.
- Potential New Item (PNI) program helps recognize areas for product improvement to reduce exposure to product failure and recalls.
- Supply chain audits provide independent audits on manufacturing capabilities, quality assurance systems, regulatory and social compliance, and environmental performance to help mitigate supply chain risk.
Our ability to integrate sensory evaluations with analytical and physical testing makes us the preferred sensory services provider for the consumer products industry. Whether a customer is seeking to enhance product performance or launch a new product, our sensory evaluations and consumer studies provide vital comparisons of consumer-perceived attributes.
UL’s Technically Advanced Quality Assurance (TAQA®) product evaluation program is based on recognized global standards, including the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), offering the ultimate in quality assurance for brand protection.