IndustriesFood and Beverage
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) had released the final notification on its “Food Safety and Standards (Food Products Standards and Food Additives) Twelfth Amendment Regulations, 2016”, relating to the revision of standards of packaged drinking water other than mineral water.
The regulation establishes the following:
- Microbiological requirements
- Organoleptic and physical parameters
- General parameters concerning substances undesirable in excessive amounts
- Parameters concerning toxic substance
- Parameters concerning radio-active residues
- Parameters concerning pesticide residues
It will take effect on March 1, 2017.