IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
The European Commission (EC) has issued Commission Regulation (EU) 2017⁄237 of 10 February 2017 amending Annex III to Regulation (EC) No 1223⁄2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products.
The regulation amends Annex III by inserting the following chemicals used for hair dye substance in oxidative and non-oxidative hair dye products as well as for products intended for coloring eyelashes:
- Toluene-2,5-Diamine Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate (1)
- Tetraaminopyrimidine Sulfate
- Hydroxyethyl-p- Phenylenediamine Sulfate
- 2-Amino-3- Hydroxypyridine
- HC Red No 17
- HC Yellow No 17
- 1-Hexyl 4,5-Diamino Pyrazole Sulfate
- 2,5,6-Triamino-4-Pyrimidinol Sulfate
- Hydroxyethoxy Aminopyrazolopyridine HCl
- Basic Brown 17
- Basic Blue 124
This regulation takes effect on March 23, 2017.