IndustriesPremiums, Promotional and Licensed Goods
China’s National Consumer Product Safety Standardization Technical Commission has listed a draft intended for substance restrictions in consumer products.
The list includes 103 chemicals and proposes limit values for their use in consumer products such as toys, textiles, coatings, paints, decoration materials and furniture. The draft includes the following:
- heavy metals such as cadmium, chromium VI, lead, mercury and nickel;
- certain alkanes and alkenes
- polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- benzothiazole-2-thiol (MBT). (An EU-wide restriction has been recommended for this substance by Germany under the REACH substance evaluation process, CoRAP)
- antioxidants (2, 2) 6-di-tert-butyl-p-cresol
- 2,2′-methylene-bis (4-methyl-6-tert-butylphenol)
The draft was released on March 30, 2017.